Wednesday, July 23, 2008

X cents

First, I found an aluminum coin that appears to be Chinese. I bet it's worth less than a cent considering that it is small, aluminum, and has a denomination of 1. I will identify and update.





Later in the morning I found a penny on 13th Street near Avenue A and then I found a penny on 10th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues.

Update - Stranded Cent. I found yet another copper wonder in a crack in the sidewalk in front of the Strand at 12th and Broadway. Just under the midnight wire at 11:47 p.m.

Total haul today = +.03

TOTAL to date = $1.68

1 comment:

Man said...

This is a 1 fen the smallest of Chinese coins like a penny but equivalent to much less.

These are fairly rare to because of low value and are not even listed in modern coin books so it wold be about $0.10 to $0.25 if we can ever get Chinese confirmation of mintage it may be more.