Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just My Two Cents

It was a grim start of the day when, after hoofing it all over town, I saw nothing but a single grimy cent flatlined between subway rails.

But things picked up during the evening commute when I found one penny on the east sidewalk of Broadway just before 17th Street. Phew. Probably dropped by a PetCo shopper while wrestling with his or her beast. It had been a while since finding money and I was starting to worry that I might have to report nothing. And then, walking through the Union Square Green Market that was packing it in, I saw another abandoned penny on the pavement near a vegetable seller.

Total haul for the day = my two cents

TOTAL to date = $1.14

Time to find a oner, a fin, a sawbuck, or a double sawbuck and get these totals jumping.

No comments: