Tuesday, March 3, 2009

R is for RICH


I got on the R train today and there were a circle of people staring at a penny on the train floor. I looked around at everyone in the circle and no one moved so I bent down slowly - while the train was in motion - and plucked little Abe. Then I stood up and smiled.

Then I found another really salty one in Union Square.

UPDATE: Found another penny at my daughter's school. In the doorway - not in anyone's pocket.

Total haul for the day = .03

TOTAL to date = $19.42

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hee hee that's funny. I wonder how you figured that the other coin was salty? Do you lick the coins you find? Is that how you make them yours? Do you also sign their backs? Or tie them down and brand them with a hot iron?
You literally have a "taste" for coins, don't you?

"How would you like your coins today, Ma'am?"
"Spicy please"

Baxter said...

Nino,

I like the cut of your jib.

Unknown said...

Cheers Joe,
Thanks to Mame for the real estate

Mame said...

You can tell they're salty because they're sitting in a pile of road salt (similar to photo) and they're white and they're on the sidewalk the day after a snowstorm. It all fits together, see. No, I don't lick them. That would be gross.