Thursday, February 26, 2009

Five for Nino


Today restored hope. After a string of too many zero days to count, I hit a mini jackpot under a munimeter (c'mon, parking meter sounds so much cooler than munimeter) where I found four pennies scattered about. Stick that with one more found near the post office on 11th Street and we're talking a nice solid number; five.

I would like to give a special shout-out to Nino, who is no longer anonymous and always welcome. Thanks for you support and comments. Nice to know you're in it for the duration.

Total haul for the day = .05 + one lifetime reader, Nino, our friend from up north

TOTAL to date = $19.29, $9 Obama bill, and Nino!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Thanks Mame, I very much appreciate your warm welcome. Cheers lady.
I really enjoy reading your blog, keep writing please.

By sheer COINcidence I had a meeting this morning at an address on "Coin Street"!!! I never knew such street existed in Toronto.

Well, if I had found a "coin ON street", then I would have at least one more penny in my pocket. But I found a "Coin Street" and got no money out of it.

Question: What is the monetary value of an "ON" in English language?
Answer: At least one penny !