Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Agony is Less Now


Which is worse? Seeing coins on the subway track or in a fountain? At the Met over the weekend I barely caught my daughter as she dove for the pool in the Temple of Dendur, which is littered with coins.

How about this? Which is worse, seeing coins that have been appropriated by hot tar in the street or - and I find this to be much worse - seeing a coin through a locked glass door! Yes, on the dog walk last night a well-lit and shiny new penny mocked me from the locked vestibule of Union Square Wines. I curse whoever locked the place up last night leaving such temptation in view. And I'm sad to know that I will not be there when they open today.

UPDATE: I was not there when they opened but I passed it on my way home from a morning meeting and the penny was still there. Now it's not because my pig ate it. I also found another penny on Rivington.

Total haul for the day = .02

TOTAL to date = $18.72

No comments: