Friday, August 8, 2008

One, Two, Three Times a Lincoln

1. I found my first penny in an elevator on Madison Avenue around lunchtime.

2. During the evening commute, while walking my hound, I found a penny in the mulch under a tree on 13th Street near University. You have to look everywhere. Or let everything and anything catch your eye.

My hound looking for spare change in the way of short ribs and chicken wings.

My hound trying to work me over for another teaspoon of cream cheese.

3. Third cent was also found on 13th Street between the service end of Whole Foods (the guys who work on that dock are pretty cool) and the stinky part of Cosi at Broadway. The penny was perched sideways, edge up, on the grille of a subway grate and it was looking committed to a dive. I saved it and now it is safe in my red fat piggy bank and enjoying the company of other little copper Lincolns.


Total haul for the day = .03 (small number but exciting finds)

TOTAL to date = $8.89

No comments: